Baby Rowan

Baby Rowan

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Water Baby

Now that I am 6 months old, I figured it was time for my first "swimming lesson".  Mommy took me to the YMCA on Friday.  We sang songs, played with water toys, blew bubbles, and swam around the pool. 

I usually go nuts in the bathtub splashing and kicking, but to the surprise of my parents, I didn't really cut loose at the Y.  They think it's because the water wasn't warm enough or there were a lot of distractions.  The real reason I didn't go as crazy was because they made me wear a stinking swimming suit!  I may look darn good in my board shorts and surfing shirt, but it is just not as liberating as the way God made me.
But I'm over it.  Swimming suit and all, I had fun.  It was a nice treat to see Daddy during the middle of the day for a few minutes, but most of all, I loved my special day with Mommy including going swimming. 





3 comments:

  1. Hey! Isn't anybody reading my blog anymore? The gallery has been pretty quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowan you should come visit Aunt Carrie and I in Houston! We are thinking of joining and doing swim workouts at our YMCA! But we won't look as good as you in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Auntie MJ!! I miss you.

    I would definitely encourage you and Carrie to start swimming. If you have any questions, ask Grandpa Dan b/c he says it is the best workout. He is thinking about finding a pool to go swim laps at too.

    ReplyDelete